Wednesday, September 9, 2009

How it all started

I grew up in New Jersey and as a result have no knowledge of motor sports at all.  I could not tell the difference between a carborhydrate or a carborator.  One day a friend and I were driving back from a Richmond Braves game and he mentioned to me that people raced lawn mowers.  I accused him of lying as no one would ever race a lawn mower.  He said that he saw it on TV and therefore it must be the truth.  A year or two went by when I found myself sitting in front of my computer at work and thought to google "lawn mower racing".  Much to my surprise not only did it exist but it appeared to be well organized.  I bought a cheap consumer camcorder and started attending races.  After meeting the racers I found them to be among the most friendliest people I have ever met in my life.

0 comments: